Diwali is the festival of lights and most popular festival in India. It is coming on 23rd October in this year namely 2014. We all look forward to this festival of lights. This festival is also known as the festival of goddess Laxmi and Lord Ganesh. As we celebrate the Diwali every year as the simple way so what we can do to make it more auspicious.
Let’s discuss the few things which will make your Diwali more auspicious.
1. Ensure that your house is clean before Diwali because Goddess Laxmi doesn’t like the dirty things. Apart from the cleaness of the house you should also try to clean the city as the honorable prime minister as started a mission named “Swacch Bharat Abhiyan”. So don’t throw your waste material here and there try to keep clean your place as well as heart too.
2. Try to give the raw material useful for yourself as well as others too. As if the old things are waste for you then give to it any beggar or any needy people rather than to waste it. Life is all about giving and taking if you help any needy people then he/ she will also give you the well wishes too.
3. Try to burn lamps every night during the festival .in the evening, light small oil lamps (called “diyas”) and place them around the home. Turn on all the lights and lit some candles because lamps are the symbol of knowledge or inner light which brings your inner peace.
4. As we know that Diwali is the festival of lights and enjoyment then enjoyment is incomplete without the fireworks and firecrackers. It is the common part of Diwali and symbol of warding off evil from your surroundings. But be ensure that you should be safe and follow these steps:
• If you’re setting off your own firecrackers, be careful and follow all safety precautions associated with using firecrackers.
• Be careful of noisy crackers.
• Take care to keep pets and small children indoors and away from the excitement and frightening noises. See this article for more information.
5. For many Indians, Diwali is the meatless holiday so choices are varied but it is important to include sweets because Diwali is a sweet festival for joy and happiness. So make your food full vegetarian.
6. It is very old and religious festival for Indians. We worship the goddess Laxmi in seek divine blessings. During this ritual, you can invoke the Goddess by reciting the Vedic mantras or by thinking of her being showered with gold coins with two elephants standing one each side of her as you chant her name.
7. It is good to give daan to the people and gift to the Diwali. Always remember that you donate in the temples and to the poor so that you get blessed. We highly recommend performing daan to all our readers on Diwali.
8. Apart from enjoying Diwali you should also take care of your siblings too. As we know that brothers and sisters affirm sibling love and look after one another on the final day of Diwali, you should also take care about the cook for siblings and gifts for them.
9. Games are the part of Diwali, it includes card games like Rummy, charades, pass the parcel, musical chairs, scavenger hunt, hide and seek, etc. But keep in mind that It’s okay to play for money in card games but don’t wager too much.
10. As we know that there are many public diwali celebrations are going on so you should join them also and you can also attend public concerts, parties, celebratory events, and feasts for Diwali and wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous Diwali.
So I hope these 10 steps will help you to make your Diwali different and more auspicious , with this hope I am wishing you a very happy and safe Diwali.